Assistant Marketing Director
The Assistant Marketing Director is a detail-oriented and creative-minded professional that expresses an interest in college sports and the marketing of sporting events. The main goal of the Assistant Marketing Director will be to increase interest and attendance at LSU sporting events. Candidate must be creative, organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multitask well. Must also enjoy working with people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement public relations and marketing strategies to increase attendance and revenue at LSU women’s sporting events.
- Serve as liaison to the Social Media Director to implement social media marketing strategies as a new way to communicate with fans through social networking.
- Assist in supervising a small staff of graduate assistants/interns.
- Work with internal editorial and production publication teams to design and print marketing ads as well as promotional pieces.
- Schedule media marketing strategies to promote events of which include, but are not limited to newspaper print ads, TV/radio visual/audio commercials and ads, Internet through social media, as well as billboard advertising.
- Other duties and special tasks and projects as assigned.
- Must have at least a four-year or Bachelor’s degree or at least two years experience in athletic administration at collegiate or minor leagues levels.
- Master’s degree or desired computer/technical skills to perform detail-oriented and creative-oriented tasks and projects.
- Must have the ability to handle and multitask different assignments.
- Must be able to sell through speech and writing as well as cold sales abilities.
- Must be well versed and knowledgeable in the areas of social media and all its forms.
- Must work well in a team driven environment which consists of full time marketing staff members, students and interns, coaches, and other athletic members among the community.
- Must have the capacity to work extended days, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Travel is required.
To apply use Contact Us form and attach your cover letter, resume and other relevant documents.